1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was a retail assistant and helped the other employers with stock levels on store, tidying, helping customers and putting price tags on items
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
need to be confident, not stand still, ask the manager or other staff working in the store if they need any help, also speak louder, got a level 4 qualification retail
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
the work was getting boring and i felt like leaving in the last few days, the staff treated us like little kids thing we would just hide in the toilets or be on our phones, hated the toy department i dont get how it gets that messy.
4. How valued do you feel by Debenhams?
on the first few days was fine but by the last days felt like i should be given more thingsd to do such as till management
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the induction was excellent and chilled out, was a full day of sitting and talking, watching videos and then doing activities. the manager was funny and we got shown around
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Had workshops and one to ones, played football with helped meet new people and then got assessed on timeing, attendence. Also had a prep interview with a business nearby. Enjoyed being at street league
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The manager was quite nice and told us that he was here to help us and we could see him if we had any issues,
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
n/a on work experience unpaid work
9. Would you recommend Debenhams to a friend?
cos street league help you every step of the way, they dont give us boring lectures all the time but also include football which is so good
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Debenhams?
If you want help finding a job or need support find your nearest strret league venue. or visit the website