Estimating Engineer at Siemens

2011
Manchester

7.9/10

I am currently an estimating engineer for a panel building company as well as dealing with quotations and customers I also deal with manufacturing drawings which are produced after an order

Yes not only have I been put through college doing a BTEC, HNC and HND I have also been on other training courses and learnt about the day to day pricing of jobs and running of a successful business.

I enjoy the working environment, I have made some good friends along the way as well I am good at achieving the targets set out to me and looking forward to the future.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I think I am valued quite well as they are willing to spend thousands of pounds on my education and I have seen other apprentices before me progress into very promising roles which I hope to myself once get in to.

As the program got on there was more and more structure added by the time I ended I sort of wished I was starting again as it was being managed properly to.

I am always supported whenever I require help and all of the people I have been introduced to have been very informative and even more so approachable to any concerns or questions that I have.

My managers are very supportive of me and are always willing to put me on any sort of training that I feel i require so that I can do my job role to the best I can.

I have been given a rise every year since I joined over 5 years ago they have been more than reasonable and the bonus scheme has also encouraged me to know I am being paid what I should be

Yes I have conducted some classes with school kids as well as loads of other company activities such as football tournaments and lots of different company events.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

Always supportive willing to put me through any sort of education that is beneficial and have always been honest and paid me to the level which I am content with.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Go for it and make sure you are prepared to work as if you are the company will sponsor you with all sorts of things and you are taught a lot of different things.