Wind technician at Siemens

Newcastle/ nation wide
3rd February 2017

9.3/10

Wind tech apprentice: I'm currently an offshore wind technician apprentice located at Gwynt y mor wind farm working on 3.6MW turbines. My usual day consists of service and fault finding work within the turbine ensuring they are operating correctly 24/7.

During the apprenticeship I have always been developing my skills to my highest standards due to training courses and great techs helping me through out my time with siemens.

Gave me a chance not to do any normal day to day 9-5 job and gave me the experience off working away from home and offshore.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I feel that I have became a valuable member of the Gwynt y mor work force and would like to pursue my career further at this site.

First year was abit unorganised due to management leaving but once we had that sorted the apprenticeship just kept getting better always taking our views into account and adapting to make the apprentiship better for everyone. The structure was great not to much time in college and got to live in Newcastle for 15 months which bonded our apprentiship year closer together as we all came from different location such as North west, East and Scotland.

Support is always a call, email our a word with your site manager, supervisor, techs our other apprentices. Never not had support when I needed it.

When ever it's needed.

Well paid apprenticeship scheme with extra allowances.

With wind energy growing so fast you always have opportunities in the UK and abroad.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

I have recommended I few friends who were looking for a good career path.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Really good company to work for loads of characters within the company always someone to help and this industry will only keep getting bigger and bigger! Glad to be apart of it!