Laboratory Technician at 3M

Loughborough

8.1/10

My role is mainly documentation and testing for pharmaceutical products. It is a job where I am constantly having to learn to perform my daily role.

I have developed many new skills around documentation and methodology (as an example) which will also be able to aid me in future roles. As a whole the job has made me a lot more competent.

I do enjoy the program, although it is challenging and demanding. It is a good introduction to work and not just a feeling of being in a dead end. The fact I am still learning is nice as I feel a lot more of value.

4. How valued do you feel by 3M?

3M provide me with an opportunity to learn whilst working. It could be better at times, this is not a reflection of my supervisor as he is very supportive.

During my time here so far, there has been a problem with the college which is not 3Ms fault.

The teacher at my college is brilliant, she however was a replacement for a not so great teacher. Overall she has earned the provider the right to be rated more than 0 stars.

My employer supports me very well. My supervisor always makes it clear that all I need to do is talk if I have any problems.

It meets my costs fine. The issue with this is that the wage does not reflect upon workload and there doesn't seem to be opportunity to advance in my wage.

Unsure on what this question is quite asking. Opportunity job wise outside? This could be a good job to learn a range of skills applicable to other work.

9a. Would you recommend 3M to a friend? *

The work is something I can see myself doing in the future and it may be for them.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to 3M? *

Go for it, don't judge the job by the cover... I had two opportunities here and the one I went for, at the time, didn't seem very special (in person) however I am so glad I chose the correct role by description.