1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work as a chemical analyst apprentice. Day-to-day roles include fulfilling customer requests on sample analysis and writing relevant reports to present data.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have received training on multiple analytical techniques, and also refined the way reports are written. I have also become more consistent in my approach to work.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Work is varied and interesting, without being confusing. There are regular tasks and new training to be undertaken. Company culture is relaxed and this is appreciated, having lots of fun in the current tasks.
4. How valued do you feel by 3M UK?
I have been a part of many large projects so far and have been given responsibilities that I feel suit my role. Regular reviews with my manager let me know where I can improve and how well I am doing in certain tasks.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Induction was easy and well structured, as is training. Days for education are known and the team hierarchy/ task delegation is fair.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My tutor is patient and a good teacher, and also answers any questions that may be had on the learning material. The lessons are varied and interesting and the coureswork is challenging.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Always available to ask questions or concerns about the job and gives great guidance on tasks/requests where I have trouble completing.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Travelling to work and back takes about 90 minutes, so fuel for cars can become expensive, however the pay is higher than expected and suits the role I've been given.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are occasional company activites and sports clubs, as well as a gym.
9. Would you recommend 3M UK to a friend?
Flexi-time is very useful and there is much support for new apprentices.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to 3M UK?
I was given all relevant information during induction, I can think of no advice I would give to newcomers.
More from 3M UKMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!