1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is a welder and on a day to day basis I set up my welding equipment to weld metal together safely.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learned many skills thanks to the tradesmen I work along side with
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much I love my placement and welding.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel like I am very much needed within the company and I think my future with BAE is bright.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised my co coordinators are very helpful with getting me through my time. There are various training given throughout which is great to learn from and keep me aware.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I've been given all sorts of support so far with health problems etc
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
If I have any problems there is always some were or someone I can go to get help
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
To be fair I cant wait till my money goes up because Im a mature apprentice and I have bills and a child to care for.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I live in a small town so no not really ive tired before I came here but this is definitely the best career around this town
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because its job security and it gives a decent retirement
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Ask someone who's been through the process and get tips and techniques of them
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!