Lift engineers mate at Stannah

Birmingham
20th July 2016

Connect with Stannah

8.1/10

My role involves repairs and maintainence of all types of lift. This includes minor repairs and upgrades of individual components/parts through to major refurbishments and modernisations. Both mechanical and electrical skills are developed through this roll.

Electrical and mechanical skills, team working and communication skills have been built upon.

I enjoy my programme as it challenges me daily and every day is different. I get to meet all kinds of people and go to all types of places within my branch area!

4. How valued do you feel by Stannah?

Working as part of a team makes me feel like a valued employee at Stannah as the outcome of the job requires co-operation and co-ordination. The success of jobs therefore depends on both engineers working simultaneously.

The structure of the programme is ideal for individuals looking to learn, starting off with your BTEC level 3 in engineering whilst working on site with an engineer. Then moving onto the NVQ and working in other parts of the business to gain more experience and knowledge.

I have direct numbers for my training provider who i can contact at any point for advice or help.

I receive support from Stannah whenever i need it. Any training i request to go on will be sorted which really helps me to develop. Information for my qualifications is readily available and there is always somebody to answer my questions

The salary/package covers all costs with opportunities for overtime and performance bonus. In addition private healthcare and pension are also part of the package.

There are opportunities to get together with your work colleagues outside of work such as paintballing or even just a drink in the pub!

9a. Would you recommend Stannah to a friend? *

Stannah are a great company to work for. They care about you as an individual and your success which makes you strive to do better!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Stannah? *

Applying to stannah is ideal if you're a team player with good communication and willing to learn. Take every opportunity and look at everything you are tasked with as an opportunity to develop yourself.