1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I make hellical sections of rail which is the part that curves around the staircase.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
My quality of welding and grinding has improved a lot and the ability to read engineering drawings.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Work is okay, days go quickly which is good aslong as you continuously work through the day.
4. How valued do you feel by Stannah?
not as much as normal employees, however still valued as the team leaders ensure that our jobs are always correct.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
A lot better now, used to get different things to do everyday and made it difficult to get used to making sections. However now I am in the jig everyday making the same type of sections which is a lot better.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not very much. They come in every other month or so and do a quick review to check on things but that's all.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Every job I make is checked to ensure it is okay to send out on mast, and if I am ever stuck on something they will always help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well, the wage is good and makes all the work worth while. We also get a monthly bonus.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not really, as we are only getting trained to a certain type of job, nothing else.
9a. Would you recommend Stannah to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a good place to work and the wage is good. Everyone is friendly and while working it is also a good laugh.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Stannah? *
Be prepared to do a lot of work everyday and that the work gets easier the more you work.
More from StannahMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!