Apprentice Fabricator/Welder at Stannah

Newburn
18th July 2016

Connect with Stannah

6.0/10

I make hellical sections of rail which is the part that curves around the staircase.

My quality of welding and grinding has improved a lot and the ability to read engineering drawings.

Work is okay, days go quickly which is good aslong as you continuously work through the day.

4. How valued do you feel by Stannah?

not as much as normal employees, however still valued as the team leaders ensure that our jobs are always correct.

A lot better now, used to get different things to do everyday and made it difficult to get used to making sections. However now I am in the jig everyday making the same type of sections which is a lot better.

Not very much. They come in every other month or so and do a quick review to check on things but that's all.

Every job I make is checked to ensure it is okay to send out on mast, and if I am ever stuck on something they will always help.

Very well, the wage is good and makes all the work worth while. We also get a monthly bonus.

Not really, as we are only getting trained to a certain type of job, nothing else.

9a. Would you recommend Stannah to a friend? *

It is a good place to work and the wage is good. Everyone is friendly and while working it is also a good laugh.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Stannah? *

Be prepared to do a lot of work everyday and that the work gets easier the more you work.