1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is a Procurement Engineer, where I have to raise orders for spares and repairs parts on a software. So everyday when I come into work I check to see if there are any orders that need to be raised. I complete the procedure for it and then email it off to the supplier.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed software knowledge Communicating more openly
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The company looks after you even though the knowledge and understanding behind the processes here is quite hard to get your head round. I do enjoy my job as I'm constantly learning and developing myself.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel valued because I know I am doing the same work as other employees who have been here for years.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is split into placements and is organised well.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider and assessors are always available for help when I need them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer and team give me constant support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is really good for someone of my age with not many costs to pay for.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Outside of work there are a few opportunities but the communication to get involved with isn't brilliant. However an opportunity I have took part in was the apprenticeship information evening. Where the community come and find out information from ourselves regarding the apprenticeship.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The amount of opportunities to work in different programs and BAE is a company which looks after its employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Be confident in the interview as you're as good as anyone else out there.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!