Procurement Engineer at BAE Systems

Preston

8.0/10

My role is a Procurement Engineer, where I have to raise orders for spares and repairs parts on a software. So everyday when I come into work I check to see if there are any orders that need to be raised. I complete the procedure for it and then email it off to the supplier.

Developed software knowledge Communicating more openly

The company looks after you even though the knowledge and understanding behind the processes here is quite hard to get your head round. I do enjoy my job as I'm constantly learning and developing myself.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel valued because I know I am doing the same work as other employees who have been here for years.

The programme is split into placements and is organised well.

My training provider and assessors are always available for help when I need them.

My employer and team give me constant support.

The salary is really good for someone of my age with not many costs to pay for.

Outside of work there are a few opportunities but the communication to get involved with isn't brilliant. However an opportunity I have took part in was the apprenticeship information evening. Where the community come and find out information from ourselves regarding the apprenticeship.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

The amount of opportunities to work in different programs and BAE is a company which looks after its employees.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Be confident in the interview as you're as good as anyone else out there.