1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Financial & Management Accounts Associate. Management accounts prepared for clients. VAT returns prepared for clients and for the VAT department to review. Regular contact with VAT department and other departments around me. Accounts Prep jobs performed to the standards with people to follow this with you.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Massively learning new skills everyday and able to implement them very quickly due to the variety of jobs available.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Enjoy the challenge and always being kept busy. A handful at times to maintain everything that you are involved with.
4. How valued do you feel by Grant Thornton?
Always being told where to improve and when doing well and recognised for that.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised regarding exams etc. However if there are changes being made not well adaptable.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
They always keep in contact. However I think when transfer over to Kaplan more support could be provided.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Having a PM allows a close bond with an individual so that you can feel comfortable to speak to someone if any problems due to working for various people.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Covers costs to travelling to work etc.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Always events outside to socialise with colleagues. Always something new for individuals to volunteer towards.
9a. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Always willing to progress you as well as the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton? *
Just be yourself and honest.
More from Grant ThorntonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!