1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a higher apprentice which means I rotate around the business on 4-9 monthly placements. I have seen the whole of Quality Assurance in BAE Systems from Central QA to Supplier Assurance as well as external placements such as Business Strategy. I am exiting the scheme in Quality Capability where I look at recruitment and training.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- Presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Organisational skills - organising events on small and large scales
- Communication skills - speaking to apprentices right through to senior management during meetings and work
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
Very - they invest a lot of time and money into their Early Careers programme
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
On the whole it is very good. Higher education paths/choices could be more streamlined and organised
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
very well - it is one of the highest paid higher apprenticeships in the area
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes the early career function are close and do a lot of social activities together from nights out to walks at the lake district.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Supportive employer Competitive salary Scope for promotion Constant training opportunities
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Read the job description and keep your CV up to date!
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!