1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice railway engineer and this involves maintenance on the infrastructure.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt a lot of new skills as well as developing some of my own.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the programme and my job role.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel very valued as I am always asked if I need help with anything and everyone is very approachable
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a lot of support and I always know where to find help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support, they also pay for me to live in London as I moved from Wakefield.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is reasonable, the only problem is I now live away from home and food is all out of my pocket.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Whilst in the first year there are lots of opportunities to do a lot of different things.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a very good company to work for, lots of opportunities for promotion and also very good work benefits such as pension.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Have a very good work ethic and have a good sense of humour
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!