- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail?
Support the assessment & valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with contractual terms & conditions, commensurate with contractual entitlement. • Provide advice and information to the project managers. • Produce applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, producing supporting documentation as appropriate. Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out as per the project authority and project plan within agreed timescales. Support finance reporting within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value. • Assist the Commercial Manager with reviewing contractor delivery, including where appropriate, attending valuation and progress meetings
I have developed on my cost planning skills, which is is a method of cost controlling the cost of a project within a pre-determined sum up to the tender stage. Cost Planning give advice to client how much will be project cost. As well, cost planning will advise when the expected expenses will most possible occur. I have also enhanced my drafting of construction contracts, arbitration, tendering disputes, negligence, defective design or construction, dispute resolution, construction claims and so on.
The programme is engaging at times with the workshops to further enhance any knowledge. That was delivered within the lecture.
Because overall they are a good employer that gives flexible benefits and support
Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
Construction, Property & Surveying