1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As an Apprentice Administrator my day to day role includes organising meetings and events, taking minutes, processing expenses, diary management for rooms and people and resource management.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been on numerous training course to develop new skills and learn to use new software and systems. I have also developed personal skills such as communication.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my programme, being part of a team and learning new skills in each department I move to. My supervisors are very welcoming.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel valued by the company and people I work with who trust me with the tasks they give to me and provide me with feedback on my work.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme has a clear structure and has stuck to this with the placement moves being scheduled for every 6 months.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have now finished attending Runshaw College as part of my Apprenticeship but when I attended they were very supportive.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My company are very supportive, I have a workplace mentor as well as a supervisor I can speak to and other colleagues.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I think my salary is fair and it does fall plenty above the minimum wage for apprentices.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I am involved in a few projects outside of my office work in BAE. There are also fundraising events and other things for employees to get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I have learnt a lot and learned on the job whilst getting paid which an experience I would not have had at college.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Think about your qualities and how you can use them at work, be yourself and show your skills.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!