Apprentice Administrator at BAE Systems

Barrow-in-Furness
20th April 2016

7.4/10

As an Apprentice Administrator my day to day role includes organising meetings and events, taking minutes, processing expenses, diary management for rooms and people and resource management.

I have been on numerous training course to develop new skills and learn to use new software and systems. I have also developed personal skills such as communication.

I really enjoy my programme, being part of a team and learning new skills in each department I move to. My supervisors are very welcoming.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel valued by the company and people I work with who trust me with the tasks they give to me and provide me with feedback on my work.

My programme has a clear structure and has stuck to this with the placement moves being scheduled for every 6 months.

I have now finished attending Runshaw College as part of my Apprenticeship but when I attended they were very supportive.

My company are very supportive, I have a workplace mentor as well as a supervisor I can speak to and other colleagues.

I think my salary is fair and it does fall plenty above the minimum wage for apprentices.

I am involved in a few projects outside of my office work in BAE. There are also fundraising events and other things for employees to get involved in.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

I have learnt a lot and learned on the job whilst getting paid which an experience I would not have had at college.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Think about your qualities and how you can use them at work, be yourself and show your skills.