Accessibility & Digital Inclusion at Atos

Leeds

7.6/10

Accessibility & Digital Inclusion Testing against Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0 AA). Making PDF Documents accessible. Making Graphics that are used within the company accessible. Transcriptions.

Become familiar with different coding languages and understanding how to do basic coding and being able to recognise code.

Learnt internationally recognised standards including WCAG & Section 508 of the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) 1995.

There has been some issues being the first intake of a new team however overall I have integrated well within the team and I have met people both in the team & during the apprenticeship training in Telford who I socialise with outside of work.

4. How valued do you feel by Atos?

I feel quite valued by the accessibility team however as an employee of the company i am just a number on the system especially being an apprentice.

Overall this was the disappointing factor during the apprenticeship programme, I have had ongoing 4 different assessors, not knowing where I was with the assignments a lot of the time and to be told when I thought I had sent all my assignments that i still had two left that needed to be completed. Overall not much co-ordination after the 1st month with QA, felt like I had just been forgotten about.

The employer provides a number of different routes whenever I need advice or to ask questions. Senior members in the team also provide guidance and experience to help us progress.

The salary is good for the age that I am employed at however there has been delays in the contracted pay rises I was supposed to get after my formal reviews.

I have been able to attend a few conferences regarding my field of work which is always a positive feeling and to meet people in the industry who can provide more insight and knowledge to help me progress. It also shows how our work helps people

9a. Would you recommend Atos to a friend? *

Offers a range of career choices and also offers the chance of moving departments if you find that you would prefer working in a different sector.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atos? *

Be prepared to be out of your comfort zone for a bit while you settle in, especially if you have not worked in an office environment before as it does require quite a change in the way things work.