Assistant Relationship Manager at RBS

Glasgow

Connect with RBS

I am an appretice in assistant relationship management within The Royal Bank of Scotland. On a day-to-day basis I support peer assiantant relationship manager and relationship managers. This involves making calls to customers to keep them up to date with their accounts, sending letters out to customers and checking accounts on the system.

I have developed on my existing IT skills as i have been using IT and microsoft software on a day-to-day basis. I have developed my skills in microsoft excel by producing spreadsheets and updating spreadsheets also gathering information from spreadsheets.

I really enjoy my programme as everyday is different which makes the job exciting because you know that tomorrow won't be the exact same as today. i also like interacting with customers and have actually got to meet customers face to face which was a pleasant experience.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

i feel i am extremely valued by RBS. everyone is treated equally and all my collegues are extremely approachable and always happy to help. they are also very supporting and caring.

i feel my programme is very well structured as i have a clear insight of what the apprenticeship holds and BPP have been keeping me up to date with emails and schedules so i know excat dates of events such as live sessions, exams etc.

As i said above BPP have been extremely good in the fact they keep me up to date regularly and respond to emils or queries i have very quickly and within the same day.

A lot! i recieve a large amount of support from my employer during tasks i am unsure about they are always happy to explain and let me shadow work they do so i can have a go myself.

my salary meets my costs well. i dont struggle to pay anything with the salary i recieve and still have spending money left over once i have paid everything i need to such as travel etc.

Yes, we are offered opportunities to go volunteer. this involves going to schools(mostly high schools) to inform others around our age of the apprenticeships and opportunites available to them and what the apprenticeships involve.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

i would recommend RBS to a friend as they are a very good employer as they look after their staff and care for their staff very well. i also feel working with RBS is a very rewarding job as you are helping customers and fellow collegues.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

Not to worry if they feel the application process seems long as its the way it is set out to be but it is all worth the wait in the end as it is such a good company to be working within.