E Commerce Channel Assistant at Boots

Nottingham

Connect with Boots

7.8/10

My role is e-commerce channel assistant for the boots.com Healthcare department. This involves the online marketing of all healthcare related products.

I have learnt new skills in using IT systems. I have developed my communication and organisational skills.

I enjoy my programme, I have a lot of responsibility and there seems to be opportunity for progression and to learn more skills/gain more experience. Sometimes my workload can be too heavy.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Boots

4. How valued do you feel by Boots?

Very valued. The business makes it clear that I am integral to its success. My line manager takes time to review my progress and highlight any areas for development to enable me to achieve my career goals. I also have a mentor in the cohort above who helps with this.

Strong induction training - 'stay in touch' day to allow all apprentices to meet. Organised team building activities and organised college/study days which make it easier to socialise with other apprentices and allocate time to complete my qualification.

Lots of support, my Babington college tutor has enabled me to get a head start on my qualification by answering all of my queries and arranging prompt assessment dates for any units that I complete.

A lot of support. Weekly meetings with line manager to review progress and raise concerns and apprentice team are very approachable so I can voice concerns if needed.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Boots

Good starting salary but no mention of pay rise once qualification is complete. Bonuses are good.

Plenty of opportunity so far to be an 'apprentice ambassador' and help to promote the early careers programmes. Haven't been informed of any opportunities to get involved with other projects/events/classes.

9a. Would you recommend Boots to a friend? *

Good business culture. Opportunity for development.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots? *

Do your research about the business. Be yourself - the business looks for people who will fit into its positive but hardworking culture.