Technician support at 3M

Bracknell
£192 weekly
2nd February 2016

7.7/10

My job role is a technician support, my day-to-day jobs mainly are to do with helping our division and supporting the projects and customers and trying to complete related tasks. Occasionally we will meet customers around the country.

My training begins in September so until then I will be working towards my NVQ,I have an increased knowledge on my job and will continue to be trained on my job role.

I enjoy coming to work and I am very comfortable in my working environment. I rarely have to mix with many others in our division but they are all friendly as is everyone else inside the building, I am enjoyable the programme so far.

4. How valued do you feel by 3M?

I feel that there is a chance I can have a future at this company, everything you do is well recognised and you are praised where it is due which is great.

I have had problems sorting out my college information but I think it is all sorted now, so everything will become more organised in a few months. My induction was quick and easy and my college induction has been completed too.

I am supposed to receive a monthly review by my training provider but I have not had one for January. It is easy to seek help and any problems can be sorted quite quickly.

I receive a lot of support from my employer, especially my mentor, the HR team are always there too. Guidance and support is not difficult to come across.

As a 17 year old, not driving (yet) I have no costs other than my insurance, the salary covers everything I need it to and gives me plenty on the side.

I am part of the 3M football club which plays on a Sunday, when I wasn't working I was at college doing an engineering course.

9a. Would you recommend 3M to a friend? *

Great company, very supportive. Fairly interesting depending on the person. Lots to do, independent working with responsibility is great.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to 3M? *

Don't be afraid to have a chat and ask questions, I found a key topic of conversation I had in common with the interviewer (my mentor) so I found it comfortable. Don't be shy or afraid, don't waste the opportunity!