1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a kitchen designer at howdens joinery. my day to day tasks are to measure, plan and sell kitchens for the company to hit our target at the end of the period.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, I have learnt to design and sell.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy the job, there is a bit of pressure involved but it is overall a good interesting job.
4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?
quite a lot, being recognized by the manager and external staff is always a good point.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I got going really fast so I just started do the job after a few months so its more about how fast you pick it up and get on with the training.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
when ever needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
not very well. getting through the month is always a struggle.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes, there are events every so often.
9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
they are a good company with a good future for everyone who starts here.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *
be confident, listen and watch how things are done. just get as involved as you can.
More from Howdens JoineryMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!