Field Service Engineer at Siemens

Gateshead North East
January 2016

7.6/10

Traveling to hospitals & providing help to engineers who need it. Now also starting to work alone on mobile xray equipment and ultrasound.

Driving. Working alone. Working in a team. Knowledge on xray & ultrasound.

I enjoy working in a different place each day, and with different engineers each day. I really enjoy having to go to Germany when having to undertake training.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

This apprenticeship scheme for healthcare was brand new & so they've learned how to manage & help me along the way.

I spent the first year and a half to two years mainly helping engineers or just watching them work, now I'm just beginning to work alone.

I get sent to Germany for any training needed and then can ask any of the engineers any issues I have.

My employer paid for driving lessons as well as sorted me out with a car to get to & from the hospitals. I also get the expenses scheme, meaning I don't have to pay for my food, fuel or parking.

I get all work expenses back, and my pay rise each year is enough to mean that come the end of the apprenticeship, I will be on a full engineer wage.

I am sent to college every week, firstly to complete my L3, now to complete my HNC.

9. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?

I don't travel to the same place every day. I meet new people every day. My salary will be great once the apprenticeship is complete.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?

Be talkative and friendly, in this job you meet a lot of people each day, and so they look to employ someone who not only is clever & enjoys engineering, but also is a likeable person.