Field Service Engineer at Siemens

Gateshead
January 2016

7.6/10

Traveling to hospitals & providing help to engineers who need it. Now also starting to work alone on mobile xray equipment and ultrasound.

Driving. Working alone. Working in a team. Knowledge on xray & ultrasound.

I enjoy working in a different place each day, and with different engineers each day. I really enjoy having to go to Germany when having to undertake training.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

This apprenticeship scheme for healthcare was brand new & so they've learned how to manage & help me along the way.

I spent the first year and a half to two years mainly helping engineers or just watching them work, now I'm just beginning to work alone.

I get sent to Germany for any training needed and then can ask any of the engineers any issues I have.

My employer paid for driving lessons as well as sorted me out with a car to get to & from the hospitals. I also get the expenses scheme, meaning I don't have to pay for my food, fuel or parking.

I get all work expenses back, and my pay rise each year is enough to mean that come the end of the apprenticeship, I will be on a full engineer wage.

I am sent to college every week, firstly to complete my L3, now to complete my HNC.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

I don't travel to the same place every day. I meet new people every day. My salary will be great once the apprenticeship is complete.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Be talkative and friendly, in this job you meet a lot of people each day, and so they look to employ someone who not only is clever & enjoys engineering, but also is a likeable person.