Business Developer at Howdens Joinery

£478 monthly
November 2015

Connect with Howdens Joinery

5.9/10

My role as an apprentice is to make telesales calls, do day to day paperwork and to help improve our account base.

I have learnt the joinery terminology, more experience in customer service and how to cash handle big amounts of money.

I enjoy my job, I have learnt many new things. I have more knowledge than I did before starting here.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

I feel valued to an extent by Howdens joinery, as I have learned employees are a number and can be replaced quickly when needed to.

I have a schedule/list of things I need to do each day to keep an organized day, which is structured well.

I have had many training providers as people have left and came back.. some support has been given but I feel I could have had more to do with my apprenticeship.

I am able to reach out to my employer with a problem and know that he/she will try to fix it as soon as possible.

As an apprentice my wage does not cover my living cost as I have my own property but I have been given a full time position early and a wage rise so this has changed.

Most opportunities are held within work unless its a works night out for an occasion such as Christmas or someone leaving.

9. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend?

It is a busy company which causes you to gain more experience quickly, giving you the opportunity to learn more and be able to use that to your strength.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery?

To make sure they are hard working, a fast learner and be able to take on challenged to improve yourself.