1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My title is Appretiship Software Develeoper, my job is very different each day but essentially I create tools and apps that make my colleuges jobs a little eaiser. I am also involed in call routing, this basically means i creating routing that tells a phone call where to go. So if you phone Sky and get put through to a call center agent, i make that call go to the agent. That is a high level descrition of what i do.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
All my skills i now have, have been learned since i started, i have been put through training programmes and have completed one of my qualifications.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love my job, each day is different and i work with a great team. Sky are very good company to work for
4. How valued do you feel by Sky?
Very, they look after all of their staff and are not unfair in any way
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprentiship programme is very well structured. For us starting we had everything planned out, all our courses, our meetings, everyone was prepared from day 1
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
as much as i need. He comes out to see me every couple of months to check my work and is very helpful. i have his email address so i have any questions he is always very fast to help
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
as much as i need again, everyone i work with are always more than happy to lend a helping hand
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am happy with my pay, especially for an apprentiship. I have other friends on apprentiships that are on less than half my wage
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
of course, sky has lots of sports teams etc
9. Would you recommend Sky to a friend?
They are very helpful and understanding, they make me enjoy my job and i think that is a key part to working
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Sky?
When applying just be yourself, sky are looking for people that have potential and also have a good work/life balance. Don't try to be someone you're not
More from SkyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!