Kitchen Sales Designer at Howdens Joinery

Widnes
3rd July 2015

Connect with Howdens Joinery

I did an apprenticeship as a Kitchen Sales Designer. Daily tasks included visiting customers houses and talking to the customers to extract information to design their dream kitchen.

During my apprenticeship I have gained many qualifications. Since the start of my apprenticeship I have grown in confidence and this will help me in the future.

The team that I worked with was excellent and made me feel at home from day 1, they looked after me and helped me gain the confidence needed to be able to do my job to the best of my ability.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

The manager made me feel that I was a really valuable member to the team of people I worked with. If he needed a job doing I think he knew he could count on me to complete that job.

The programme that I did was well organised and the training and support I received was fantastic. The training courses that I went on gave me great knowledge needed to be able to do my job.

The support I received from my training provider was excellent. They contacted me every other week to make sure I was okay and that I didn't have any concerns.

The support I received from my employer was more than excellent. The manager and team that I worked with was great and I felt that if I had any problems that I could go to any one of them and they would help me.

I only lived round the corner from the depot I was working at so travel costs was not a problem however if I did live further away the salary was good enough to be able to cover the costs.

Outside of work there are many events that staff can participate in. Throughout the year the company hosts various events such as bowling and go karting.

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

Howdens Joinery is a great company to work for and you will be made to feel welcome at any depot you walk in. The way that staff are looked after is fantastic.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *

On the day of the interview do not be nervous as I am sure who ever interviews you will be a nice person and wont put you under any unnecessary pressure.