1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
At the moment I'm working with a fitter and watching and learning things from him and I'm also given tasks to do that my supervisor feels that I am confident and compitent enough to complete
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yeah I have learnt thing like confidence for example I will speak my point and what I think will work and what wouldn't I have also learnt to step back and make a plan of what we nee in terms of fittings and equipment before undertaking a task
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love the programme I feel like that's it offers us the best of onsite and college learning
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel very valud as I'm always asked by all office staff how I'm doing am I enjoying I think it's a happy place to work
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well the program is spot on
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot anything you need they will help out however they can
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot same as the training provide anything you need they will help
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The only criticism I have is for the travel to college as the site I was based on was local but my college is a 60 mile round trip
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
I feel it is a brilliant place to work as an apprentice
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!