Apprentice Kitchen Designer at Howdens Joinery

£477 monthly
19th June 2015

Connect with Howdens Joinery

9.3/10

I was a kitchen designer. I was able to serve on the counter answer the phone. On a day to day basis I would survey properties , plan and quote kitchens for customers. Sometimes I would have to do presentations and go through everything with customers to try and sell the kitchens.

I have developed new skill and improved old skills that I have. I was able to really come out of my shell and this has help me do my job today.

I really enjoyed the programme everything was very exciting. The company makes you feel like your part of a massive family.

4. How valued do you feel by Howdens Joinery?

I have had a couple of internal recognition from my area manager and above. Because I did a good job I was able to take part of a quiz to go to a shopping trip. Went out as a depot to reward us for our hard work.

My programme was a bit all over the place because for the majority of the apprenticeship I didn't have a assessor and when I did everything was rushed but I was able to complete. The assessor I had closer to the end was really great she really helped me. And so did Howdens with some of the units.

I got a lot of support which helped me complete.

I got a lot of help as the aim was to get me to complete my course.

It was good for an apprenticeship but with the hours we work and the work you do I think we should get paid half of the salary of a full time employee to be able to sustain for a month.

There are loads of opportunities which you can take part in.

9a. Would you recommend Howdens Joinery to a friend? *

Because you get a lot of experience what real world of work is like.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens Joinery? *