Enginnering Technician Apprentice at BAE Systems

Portsmouth
10th June 2015

7.4/10

I am involved in the detailed deisgn of Naval Ships in the electrical department, i run cable routes, layout compartments and create electrical drawings.

I have learnt several new skills especially relating to electrical equipment and drawing standards.

I enjoy working within my current teamn, some parts of the job are very interesting and enjoyable whilst some of the jobs can be repitive and boring.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

In my current role i feel very vlaued and feel intergrated into my team.

The structure could be better organised if it provided a level 4 NVQ to accompany the higher level of academic learning.

I feel well supported if i need it, the support needs to be seeked rather than it automatically being provided.

From my direct placement manager i recieve as much support as i need, this is the same for my programme manager.

During the first years the salary is low and it is a struggle to make costs. This does improve throughout the years.

None that i have encountered so far. However this is a badly worded question and needs to be more specific.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

Good employer with good slary and benefits, and you can get a lot out of the company in certain situations.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Learn about the company and research the role before applying.