1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am involved in the detailed deisgn of Naval Ships in the electrical department, i run cable routes, layout compartments and create electrical drawings.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt several new skills especially relating to electrical equipment and drawing standards.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working within my current teamn, some parts of the job are very interesting and enjoyable whilst some of the jobs can be repitive and boring.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
In my current role i feel very vlaued and feel intergrated into my team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure could be better organised if it provided a level 4 NVQ to accompany the higher level of academic learning.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel well supported if i need it, the support needs to be seeked rather than it automatically being provided.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
From my direct placement manager i recieve as much support as i need, this is the same for my programme manager.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
During the first years the salary is low and it is a struggle to make costs. This does improve throughout the years.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
None that i have encountered so far. However this is a badly worded question and needs to be more specific.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good employer with good slary and benefits, and you can get a lot out of the company in certain situations.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Learn about the company and research the role before applying.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!