1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Project Management Trainee - Working full time in BAE systems submarines moving round various palcements in the business to gain an understanding and broad work experience of the different areas of project management.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy having the opportuity to move around different areas of the business - some placements are much more enjoyable and involved than others. Good opportunites made avialable.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
I feel a valued member of the Early Careers community. I find some people in the business dont really udnerstand the role of trainees so we are not utilised to our full potential.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We have a clear placement plan for the first 2 years of our scheme including college studies.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Sufficient amount but varies depending on the tutor.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
More than enough - i know they are there to provide any addiotional support i may ever need.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The starting salary is very good and we have 6 monthly reviews that can result in varied pay rises dependant on performance. I do however feel that we do not receive as much benefits as Apprentices and Graduates, for example apprentices receive guraunteed pay rises whereas ours i based on performance, and graduates receive a significant welcome fee.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good early careers support structure and lots of opportunites to move around the business once you are an employee.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Explore all the possible career paths and opportunites available.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!