Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax, and related services to select clients. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society. It’s a vision that has spanned our 160-year history.
Today, we create unrivalled opportunities for our people to build successful careers that meet their aspirations as well as deliver for our clients. We nurture the talent of the future – volunteering in schools and mentoring promising entrepreneurs, and helping grow business leaders who can have a wide impact on our economy and society.
We advise our clients on their controls and accounting systems, reassuring them that they’re going about their business in the most efficient and compliant way. We really get to know them, their industry, and the issues they face, to help them solve complex problems and take preventative action. This kind of advice takes specialist skills and industry expertise. Which is what you’ll develop if you join us.
Risk Advisory - Higher Apprenticeship
The commercial world is constantly changing. Our clients face new regulations, shifting legislation and fluctuating economic and financial risk. Every day. It’s our role not only to help them mitigate and manage this, but to succeed despite it too, making informed and intelligent decisions based on our analyses to maximise commercial opportunities.
You’ll be working alongside the market leaders in risk advisory and consulting, not just following legislation and the market, but delivering effective solutions that are easy to understand and even easier to action.
- Public Sector: You’ll help deliver large-scale, complex transformation programmes, designed to future proof public services. It’s vital work, with a broad remit, that involves senior-level collaboration, innovative delivery models and digital transformation, as well as leadership and talent development.
- Risk Analytics: Storing and using data presents complex, challenging issues for our clients. When you’re part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, it’s all in a day’s work.
- Strategic Regulatory and Operational Risk: You can expect a varied and vital career in this team, working with all kinds of high-profile clients. You might be helping a business become more sustainable or better equipped with technology, giving advice on a specific compliance project, or guiding a client’s approach to financial controls working in specialist teams like Sustainability and Global Exports.
- Technology Risks & Controls: You’ll help all kinds of financial services organisations manage risk. From auditing their IT processes to transforming their ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
Your Professional Experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Ability to effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state
- Internal Controls and Design: Ability to assess and design internal controls by applying an understanding of internal control design frameworks and regulatory requirements
- Risk Strategy: Ability to leverage an in-depth understanding of the client’s strategy to plan and drive the development of impactful and sustainable risk management solutions
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Reporting and Presentations: Ability to increase quality, accuracy, and impact of reports and presentations by leveraging critical thinking, experience, and judgment
- Knows the Business and the Industry: Ability to build an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, innovation efforts, and leading practices
- Executive Presence: Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with, and instil confidence in clients
- Global Mind-set: Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and clients of varying backgrounds to effectively serve clients
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!