About Direct Line
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Vehicle Paint Spraying Apprenticeship
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Accident Repair Centres as Paint Spraying Technician apprentices in the following locations: East Midlands (DE74 2US), Orpington (BR5 3TX), Peterborough (PE2 6XU), Wakefield (WF6 1TZ) and Wednesbury (WS10 7XD). This apprenticeship will enable you to be the next generation in Body Shop technicians to adapt to changing collision repair technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to earn while gaining a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification in Paint Spraying.
You will learn the many techniques required for refinishing motor vehicles using state of the art equipment and tools.
DLG Auto Services are part of Direct Line Group and have been operating since 1995; we have grown to 19 sites covering most major cities, repairing around 70,000 accident damaged cars, every year. Our Body Shops have state-of-the-art equipment and tooling and have all achieved the British Standard Kite mark for quality.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
The successful applicant will be trained in Panel, on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes, and models through hands-on practice in:
- Removing and fitting non-permanently fixed vehicle body panels
- Removing and replacing exterior motor vehicle panels, including permanently fixed components
- Minor and Major exterior body panel repairs
- Metal Inert Gas and Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) welding techniques
- Vehicle construction and materials
- Removing and replacing structural body panels
- Identifying and rectifying vehicle body misalignment
- Realigning damaged vehicles using computerised body jigs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn and proactive in maintaining customer standards
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Direct Line
1) 'I chose a HR Apprenticeship because...' I chose an apprenticeship because I'm a practical person - so doing the job...