About Direct Line
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical, and Trim Apprenticeship
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Accident Repair Centres as Mechanical Electrical Trim (MET) apprentices in the following locations – Birmingham (B33 9AT), Crawley (RH10 7ZJ), Middlewich (CW10 0GY) and Wakefield (WF6 1TZ). This apprenticeship program will enable you to be the next generation in Body Shop technicians to adapt to changing collision repair technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to earn while gaining a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification in MET and work towards a permanent career with us.
You will learn the many techniques for removing and refitting trim, as well as dealing with subjects such as engine management systems, diagnostics, air conditioning, air bags, mechanical items and steering geometry.
DLG Auto Services are part of Direct Line Group and have been operating since 1995; we have grown to 19 sites covering most major cities, repairing around 70,000 accident-damaged cars, every year. Our Body Shops have state of the art equipment and tooling and have all achieved the British Standard Kite mark for quality.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
The successful applicant will be trained in Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET), on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes, and models through hands-on practice in:
- Removing and fitting mechanical, electrical, and trim components
- Removing and fitting electronically controlled vehicle mechanical components (non-structural body parts)
- Removing and fitting electronic components and systems
- Removing, refurbishing and refitting trim components
- Vehicle inspection
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn and proactive in maintaining customer standards
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Direct Line
1) 'I chose a HR Apprenticeship because...' I chose an apprenticeship because I'm a practical person - so doing the job...