Intelligent Transport Systems- Highways at Transport for London
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Transport for London
About Transport for London
We're vital to London's future success, which means we could play a big part in yours.
Our transport network doesn't just help people get around, it can help people to get on. It can create opportunities for Londoners. It links our homes to our jobs, gets children to their schools, connects friends and family and joins London's businesses to customers. And it provides access to London's culture. This is why we need talented people like you, reflecting the diverse city that we serve.
Intelligent Transport Systems- Highways
Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) include over 6,000 sets of Automatic Traffic Signals (ATS), over 1000 CCTV cameras, our road tunnel traffic control equipment and many items of information, detection and enforcement equipment such as safety cameras and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras. You will play an integral part in designing changes to these systems, overseeing the implementation of these changes and ensuring the systems continue to operate safely. Your daily tasks are varied and could include:
- Checking the quality of planned or reactive maintenance carried out by our supply chain
- Redesigning a traffic signal junction so it can accommodate changes, perhaps as because of a new shopping development
- Analysing fault trends on our ITS equipment, proposing and engaging improvement measures
- Working with our ITS and civil contractors to make sure that changes (like implementing Cycle Superhighways) to the network are delivered with minimal disruption to the travelling public
Placements: You'll work in a number of placements during the scheme and will get on-the-job experience with the full support of leading industry professionals.
On this varied and challenging apprenticeship you'll gain a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering as well as a Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support.
- Free travel for you and a nominated partner/family member on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
- Minimum of 29 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme - optional
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers including discounted Eurostar travel
- Final salary pension scheme
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.