Level 5 Human Resources Apprenticeship With Cipd Qualification
by BMW Group
Level 5 Human Resources Apprenticeship With Cipd Qualification
We believe in creating an environment where you, our apprentice, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one; encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and to give you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
The role will work within the HR Planning & Steering team and support with specific Planning & Steering topics, such as reward, reporting and policies, however will have the opportunity to support other areas such as Talent Management and HR Business Partnering; providing experience on a variety of aspects of the Human Resources organisation. The individual will build networks across the business, carry out projects, work alongside other members of the business and carry out tasks independently. This role will lead the delivery of HR solutions to business challenges, together with tailored advice to the business, in a number of HR areas. A good grounding across a range of HR disciplines is required to make recommendations to the business, to influence best practice.
Whilst developing on-the-job knowledge, the individual will also undertake a Level 5, CIPD accredited qualification in Human Resources, as well as an End Point Assessment to complete the Apprenticeship.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and deliver HR solutions to the business that are appropriate to the organisational context
- Influence leaders and managers to adopt appropriate solutions
- Provide tailored HR services to the business as required by their role e.g. performance management, resourcing, development, talent and reward
- Contribute to the development of relevant HR policies & procedures and/or HR initiatives
- Tailor business-centred advice on the interpretation and application of HR policies and processes
- Build effective working relationships with business managers, peers and other HR functions, together with relevant external organisations
- Communicate confidently with people at all levels, including senior management
- Seek feedback and act on it to improve their performance and overall capability
- Advise and coach managers to deal successfully with people issues from a generalist or specialist perspective, incorporating best practice where appropriate
- You will have 5 GCSEs at Grade C/5 including Maths and English and 3 A levels at grade C or above
- You must have completed the Level 3 CIPD qualification
- Keen interest in the different HR disciplies and employment legislations, with a passion to start a career in HR
- Strong IT literacy e.g. Microsoft Office
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and handle pressure whilst solving problems and conflicts
- Experience of working cross functionally
- Understand the external market and sector it operates in, its challenges and issues
- Up to date with best practice and emerging thinking – able to use this in their dealings with the business
- Know how technology, including social media, is impacting the business and HR
Did you know…
BMW Group invests in its employees and boasts a positive and supportive culture and flexible working environment. We are based in prestigious offices in Farnborough that provide a great place to work with good people and exciting, engaging and industry leading brands - BMW, BMW Motorrad, MINI, ALPHERA and Alphabet.
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency and reduces wasted energy. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – a competitive annual salary of £20,500 with salary increases over the term of the apprenticeship and subject to performance, 27 days’ holiday (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive flexible benefits scheme
- BMW Car Scheme eligibility for those over 18 years old and subject to other terms and conditions
- Pension Scheme, Permanent health insurance, Medical screening, Healthcare cash plan, Dental cover
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face-to-face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
As part of your application you have been asked to upload specific documents. If you do not attach these, your application will not be progressed.
To be eligible for this position, you must also be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We operate rolling recruitment; this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role-relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th June 2022
About BMW Group
Get started, go anywhere with a BMW Group UK apprenticeship
With our four brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars and BMW Motorrad, the BMW Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and motorcycles, and a provider of premium financial and mobility services. As a global company, we operate 31 production and assembly facilities in 15 countries, and we have a global sales network in more than 140 countries.
Our success is based on long-term thinking and responsible action, as well as ecological and social sustainability at local, national and international level. Striving for a greener, cleaner future lies at the heart of everything we do. And as the next generation of talent, you’ll help to implement our sustainability goals, ensuring the legacy of both our industry and planet. By 2030, at least half of our global sales will be fully electric vehicles. By 2030, we’ll have cut down our production C02 emissions by 80%. And by 2030, we’ll have reduced our supply chain emissions by 20%.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.
As part of your application you will need to upload a copy of:
- a CV
- your educational certificates and/or
- a recent school report or employer reference*
*If you are currently studying or have taken exams you must upload a school/college report and/or evidence of your results. Please note that you can submit teacher assessments, predicted grades or other supporting evidence as proof of qualifications. If you don’t have a school report then please upload a CV and an employer reference. If you don’t have an employer reference, then please upload a CV and a personal statement.