Enterprise Relationships Apprenticeship Programme 2022 - London, UK
by Fidelity International
Enterprise Relationships Apprenticeship Programme 2022 - London, UK
At Fidelity International, we see our apprentices as a vital part of our business. We’ll give you the support and training you need to succeed, whilst gaining a qualification. In return, you’ll help us deliver world class services and become highly knowledgeable about our business.
The Corporate Sustainability and Enterprise Relationships team consists of 3 pillars: Corporate Sustainability, Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM), and Public Policy.
The Corporate Sustainability pillar focuses on raising Fidelity’s own environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards by setting meaningful and achievable goals that hold Fidelity accountable. The Enterprise Relationship Management area focuses on managing the relationships with Fidelity International’s largest and most strategically important counterparties (both banks and technology firms), in support of Fidelity’s growth and development. Finally, the Public Policy world focuses on engagement with regulatory bodies and industry associations, to understand upcoming policy developments as well as advocate on behalf of Fidelity’s stakeholders.
As an apprentice in this fast-paced and exciting team, you will primarily be supporting the Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM) team but will have opportunities to work with both Corporate Sustainability and Public Policy as well throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship. The ERM team, as well as looking after Fidelity International’s largest external relationships, also involves working with a global network of key stakeholders who rely on these relationships for the success of their business. The team works very closely the office of Fidelity’s CEO and Senior Leaders across the organisation to provide relationship strategy, insights, guidance and briefings. We see this as a brilliant opportunity for an apprentice to get a broad range of exposure to Fidelity International, gain insight into our corporate strategy, and build relationships internally and externally with some of the largest financial and technology institutions in the world.
What you’ll be doing:
We don’t expect you to come straight in and know everything about what we do.
As an apprentice, and whatever you’ve studied, we’ll help make sure you get the most out of your time with us.
Whilst you’re working in the Enterprise Relationship Management team, you will have the exciting opportunity to gain deep insight into the relationships Fidelity has globally with our largest and most strategic counterparties. These consist of a wide range of banks and technology firms who play a critical role in supporting Fidelity’s growth and operations as an Asset Management firm.
- Work in a highly visible and fast-paced environment and support the team in day-to-day operations.
- Be enthusiastic to learn new skills, feel comfortable asking questions, and develop a deep understanding of the Fidelity organisation.
- Support with Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking, data analysis and reporting, client scorecard maintenance, and creating briefing documents for the CEO office and other Fidelity Executives.
- Where appropriate, represent Fidelity to external relationships. The apprentice should expect to deal with a range of key people, both internally and externally with our client relationships where appropriate.
- Where appropriate and necessary, support Corporate Sustainability and Public Policy initiatives.
What we look for:
We’re looking for people that are interested in both the industry and the sector but ultimately those that are looking for a career which will reward them in both job satisfaction and development. During your apprenticeship, you will gain important insights and skills which will prepare you well for your future career, as well as learning from some of the best in the industry.
Key skills and behaviours:
- Passion for learning - As an apprentice, we are not expecting any prior knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry. You’ll therefore be proactive in your approach to learning new skills and developing knowledge of the business.
- Commitment - We are committed to serving our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We want to see an apprentice who adopts this client-centric mindset and can make decisions quickly and thoughtfully with support from the team.
- Collaboration - The apprentice will collaborate with colleagues and external relationships (where appropriate), seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional ways of working at Fidelity.
- Other key skills which will be developed during the apprenticeship include (but are not limited to):
- Data analysis and reporting
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Communication / Presentation skills
- Dealing with senior members of the organisation, and engaging with external clients representing Fidelity
- Planning and organisational skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
We welcome applications from students from all educational backgrounds. If you’re inquisitive and ambitious, an apprenticeship at Fidelity could be a great opportunity for you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to:
- GCSE Grade 4 or above in English and Maths and a Further Education qualification (A Levels, BTEC, IB etc.)
- Be available to join us in September 2022
- Have good computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point preferred)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
Training and Development
Over your two-year apprenticeship programme, you will be based in our Surrey offices, where you’ll not only learn how our operations team contribute to making our organisation work seamlessly, but also build your knowledge of the wider business.
You’ll start your apprenticeship with a mini induction during which we’ll introduce you to investment management and how it fits into the City. After that, there are many more ways to develop your skills as your apprenticeship progresses.
At every stage, your development will be underpinned by the best apprenticeship training and professional certified courses.
Unlike other firms that hire on a volume basis, we take on a select number of apprentices. You will be highly valued here, so your development is heavily invested in from day one.
Social and networking events will help you get to know our people and culture. All the while you’ll be learning on the job, working to clear goals and understanding your own potential.
During your time with us you’ll get to learn even more about what you enjoy, what you’re great at, and how to develop the career path that’s perfect for you. Our apprenticeship programmes may even lead to full-time opportunities if that’s what you’re looking for.
Fidelity International is a privately held, global asset management business with the aim to help our clients fulfil their financial goals.
We are dedicated to delivering the Fidelity experience to a wide range of clients from individuals, directly and through financial advisers, to large companies, institutions and governments. Helping clients to save for retirement and other long term investing objectives has been at the core of our business for nearly 50 years.etter world too. We recently handed over a new school and healthcare centre to local communities in Tanzania and Malawi.
How to apply
To apply for this programme and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.