Audit School Leaver Programme at KPMG
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with KPMG
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Audit School Leaver Programme
We believe that our School and College Leaver Programme is a compelling alternative to pursuing the traditional university route. We've developed an innovative five year programme that offers the opportunity to get a job in our audit team, obtain an accounting degree at the University of Birmingham, and become a fully qualified Chartered Accountant with ICAS.
KPMG were among the first to launch such a programme and few other programmes offers the same powerful combination of benefits. You will start to build a rewarding career as soon as you finish school or college. Importantly, we're also paying a great starting salary; this could be your opportunity to be completely free of student debt because your university tuition and accommodation fees and your professional fees will be paid for by us.
Key skills required
- Takes accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self-motivated and able to organise own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements/projects
- Works cooperatively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Strives for continual improvement
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities which will give us the confidence that you’ll be successful in the firm. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
What your job will involve
In general terms your role will involve:
- You will be assigned audit work, both a mixture of substantive and controls testing, over non-significant audit areas and assist more senior members of the team in the audit of significant audit areas. Examples of audit areas you will be working on could include the audit of cash, fixed asset additions and disposals and the verification to underlying records and checking of mathematical accuracy of company financial statements.
- Proactively look to become an integral part of the audit team, create good contacts and develop relationships with the members of our clients finance teams
- Be part of the department and attend social and networking events in order to develop your relationships and wider knowledge of both audit and a Big 4 environment.
- aining, support and development towards your professional qualifications
- An Accounting degree with the University of Birmingham
- Chartered Accountancy qualification with ICAS
What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academics results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities and combine a number of different factors, and how you perform in our recruitment process to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at KPMG.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
GCSE and A level Entry Requirements
- Minimum Grade B GCSE Maths
- Minimum Grade B GCSE English Language
- Minimum Grades of ABB at A Level
- Or international equivalent
Scottish Entry Requirements
- A minimum of 2s in Scottish Standards/Intermediate 2 qualifications for both Maths and English Language
- BBB at Advanced Higher or AB at Advanced Higher plus AABBB at Higher. If you have 1 Advanced Higher you will need A at Advanced Higher and BBBC at Higher, or if you have 2 Advanced Higher you will need AB at Advanced Higher and BBC at Higher.
Please note, we'll only consider your 'top' 3 A-level grades and cannot accept UCAS equivalent points for ABB. We also cannot accept General Studies.
Your KPMG Experience
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!