Apprentice CNC Machinist
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 42 month, award winning Advanced Apprenticeship Programme, which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story.
Based at our state of the art Research and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of the Six – time World Championship winning Formula 1 hybrid Power Units used by the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 team. We are also proud to supply Power Units to the Racing Point and Williams Racing teams. In addition to this, we are leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One” and are now competing in Formula E with the Mercedes Benz EQ Formula E Team.
As an Apprentice CNC Machinist you will learn to use the latest cutting edge machinery to manufacture low-volume, bespoke, precision components within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and will support you with a tailored 42 month development plan, designed to provide exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1, Formula E and Project ONE, all whilst being supported by our mentoring program. We are also pleased to have been awarded the 2017 Advanced Apprenticeship Provider by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Standard incorporating a HNC in Engineering or similar (IMECHE accredited). By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Produce the required volume of components within the required timescales to the required quality standards, making use of CAD/CAM systems and drawings as appropriate
- Set, operate and program CNC machines
- Operate the relevant inspection equipment to ensure the components are produced to the required quality standards
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Quality, Engineering) to ensure the development of the product is optimised
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for machine processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
Our benefits package includes;
- A starting salary of £18,500pa, increasing periodically dependent upon performance
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 and FE results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- You will need to have practical experience of machining, including an understanding of machining principles. Providing examples of any machining work you have completed as part of your application would be advantageous
- Demonstrate passion for manufacturing, evidence by extracurricular projects and work experience
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2021) a Foundation engineering qualification at level 2 or above.
- For you to have achieved GCSE’s at grades equivalent to a C or above (4 - 9) in Maths and English Language
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd
Mercedes-Benz has been setting the standard in racing for over 100 years. At Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains we work tirelessly to continue the proud history of the legendary Silver Arrows. To do this we deliver pioneering innovations to the race track with every development of our Five-time World Championship winning Hybrid Power Unit. In addition to Formula 1, we are also leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One” and will be racing in Formula E for the first time in 2019.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for enthusiastic, innovative and tenacious graduates and placements to join our World Championship winning team at our state-of-the-art Technology Centre in Brixworth, Northamptonshire.
How to apply
To apply for this programme and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
We encourage you to apply early as we recruit on a rolling basis therefore, applications will close when roles are filled.
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre which will take place between February – April 2022
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2022
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form. You must also meet the Skills Funding Agencies criteria for apprenticeship funding; please see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/education-and-skills-funding-agency for further information.
Latests jobs from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)