Customer Service Apprentice at Co-op
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Customer Service Apprentice
£18,600 plus benefits (Grade G11)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for motivated and curious people with a passion for great customer service to join us on our customer service apprenticeship. Here at Co-op, we’re involved in everything from food to funeralcare. We serve millions of customers and members across the UK, and our award-winning contact centre is on the front line when it comes to hearing their voices. If you’ve got the enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge that we’re looking for, then you could become part of it.
You’ll join us in a full time, permanent role as a customer service advisor, where you’ll answer calls from our customers and members providing them with the advice, support or information they need. You’ll get going quickly, contributing to the team from day one with the support and mentorship of your senior colleagues. You’ll balance your work and your studies, completing your apprenticeship qualification after one year. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain valuable exposure across every part of our contact centre, gaining extensive knowledge of our Co-op and making a positive difference for our customers, members and colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- carry out your role as a customer service advisor, as well as working towards your Level 2 sales and services apprenticeship which you’ll gain after year 1
- allocate one day a week to your learning, and undertake assessments throughout the year
- gain an in-depth knowledge of Co-op’s different business areas by completing rotations across different parts of the contact centre
- take calls from customers, making sure they’re satisfied as you answer their queries and understand their needs
- expertly guide customers through our Co-op services and keep their records up-to-date
- act as an ambassador of the Co-op and spot opportunities to get people more engaged with the business
- go above and beyond for customers, supporting them in finding the best solutions and providing outstanding customer service
This role would suit people who have:
- GCSEs in Maths, English and Functional Skills, (if you don’t yet have these qualifications or equivalent, we may be able to support you through this)
- strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak to a range of customers and colleagues both professionally and sensitively, adapting your approach to different situations
- excellent customer service skills
- a keen interest in learning and self-development, with a willingness to work across lots of different areas across the contact centre
- active listening skills; you're able to listen to understand not just to respond
- good basic IT skills with the ability to pick up new systems and programmes
- the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, and to take responsibility for your own learning
About the Co-op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.