Business Administration Apprentice in Property at Co-op
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Business Administration Apprentice in Property
- Level 3 Business Administration
- £18,000 plus excellent benefits (Grade H10)
- Remote / flexible working, with occasional visits to Manchester’s office for team meetings and workshops
- Start date: Autumn 2021
We’re looking for an ambitious apprentice to join our property team. If you’re a college leaver looking to kick-start your career, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience within property, and gain a professional qualification at the same time.
In this role, you’ll develop all kinds of skills and knowledge around property, budgeting and contracts over a 15-18 month period to achieve a level 3 apprenticeship. During the programme, you’ll work with teams across property to make sure our projects have the right amount of resource they need at a price that’s good for both Co-op and our suppliers. You’ll also get the opportunity to experience project management first-hand, giving you real exposure to find out what really makes you tick. And as well as getting a permanent role and competitive salary from the word go, you’ll be gaining a huge range of skills and knowledge in addition to an assistant accountant qualification, without the burden of student debt.
What you’ll do
- split your time between ‘on-the-job’ (80%) and theoretical (20%) learning
- start out by getting to grips with, and supporting tasks across health and safety, process, contracting and planning
- work closely with a wide range of colleagues across property and commercial teams to widen your knowledge and understanding of the property function including an opportunity to work with one of our external partners as one of the placements
- delve into the detail of commercial property; supporting the team to make sure key projects are on time and within budget
- learn about key areas of our property and commercial functions, including; budgeting, project planning, partner management, risk and safety consideration, contract and supplier management
- once you’re settled into your role and the team, you’ll gain more and more responsibility; taking on your own projects as you build confidence and capability
This role will suit you if you have
- great analytical ability and a logical approach to problem solving
- an interest in building a career in property working with numbers
- a desire to study while you work, applying what you learn to your role
- the ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- good communication skills (written and verbal)
- at least 5 GCSE’s including English language (or equivalent)
- a grade C / 4 or above in GCSE maths (or equivalent)
- no current qualifications at level 3 (A-level) or higher in accounting, finance or a related subject
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies on our website.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.