Customer Team Member - Level 2 Retail Apprenticeship at Co-op
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Customer Team Member - Level 2 Retail Apprenticeship
Realise your potential with our Level 2 Retail Apprenticeship to commence February 2021!
Join Co-op as a retail apprentice and work with a business that is truly different. We’re passionate about putting our ethical values into practice, and our retail teams do an outstanding job of being there for their community by supporting local good causes and delivering fantastic customer service.
Whether you’re already working in retail or you’re looking to retrain having never considered a career in retail before, our programme is designed to set you up for success in your retail career. Running across 12-15 months, this apprenticeship will help you develop key skills including sales, communication, commercial awareness and product marketing. Completing an apprenticeship could present you with amazing career opportunities in retail and in a business as diverse as the Co-op you could shape a career within any of our other business areas too.
To be successful on this programme you’ll need a real desire to learn and a commitment to delivering great customer service. We’ll help you achieve your goals by providing support throughout the apprenticeship from both your store manager and a personal coach. Not only does our programme offer you a meaningful wage you’ll also have a 30-hour permanent contract giving you the opportunity to apply your studies to your role and experience how our stores contribute to their local communities.
What you’ll do
- work towards your Level 2 apprenticeship standard, equivalent to 5 GCSEs
- balance your work and studies
- provide a friendly and considerate customer service
- preparing and presenting our products
- work within a team environment and be on hand to support your colleagues when the store gets busier
- actively promote Co-op membership and make a difference in the local community
Apply if you…
- have the flexibility to work 30 hours across weekdays and weekends between the hours of 6am-10pm.
- have been a UK/EEA resident for 3 years or more
- don’t currently hold a level 2 or higher qualification in retail or customer service
- can demonstrate the levels of maths and English needed to commence the apprenticeship (Functional Skills Entry Level 3)
- will not be on another apprenticeship from January 2021
At Co-op, our retail apprenticeship includes:
- a nationally recognised retail qualification as well as hands on retail experience
- opportunities to strive for success within your career
- a permanent 30-hour retail contract during and upon completion of your apprenticeship
- a rate of pay more than double the national minimum apprentice rate
You'll be part of a great team with a benefits package including:
- 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
- 10% off other brands all year-round, which doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after every payday
- discounts on other Co-op products and services are also available
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re actively building diverse teams where everyone can contribute and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams reflect the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
You can find out more about our people policies on our website.
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.