Assistant Operational Buyer Level 4 Apprenticeship at Co-op
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Assistant Operational Buyer Level 4 Apprenticeship
Salary: £20,880 - £26,100 plus benefits
We’re looking for an ambitious individual to join our source to pay team and develop their career through a Level 4 Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) apprenticeship. If you can bring source to pay experience at any level and a desire to progress your career in procurement, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience whilst gaining a qualification at the same time.
In this role, you’ll develop all kinds of skills and knowledge around procurement over an 18-24-month period to achieve a level 4 apprenticeship. We'll look to you to work with a broad range of colleagues and teams across the business - tactical buyers, source to pay, procurement and suppliers - to source low cost and low risk goods and services not for resale, making sure quotes are gathered and aligned to the business strategy, all whilst completing your learning towards your CIPS qualification.
What you’ll do
- split your time between ‘on-the-job’ (80%) and professional studies (20%)
- work closely with partners across our source to pay and procurement teams, as well as other teams across Co-op to expand your knowledge and networks
- support our tactical buyers in the sourcing of goods and services, and overall helping us create an easier buying experience
- build solid relationships and communicate regularly with suppliers
- work towards a savings target
- analyse data to identify value opportunities and share these with the tactical buyers
- become a subject matter specialist on Coupa, our source to pay IT system
- once you’re settled into your role and the team, you’ll gain more and more responsibility; taking on your own tasks and projects as you build confidence and capability
This role would suit people who have
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 / grade C and above – including maths and English language
- some experience in a source to pay or purchase to pay function, with a good understanding of the end-to-end procurement process
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- great IT and MS Excel and Office skills, with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems
- a talent for building positive relationships with colleagues and partners across the business and work collaboratively
- great analytical ability and a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- an interest in building a career in a complex and fast-paced procurement function
- a desire and commitment to study while you work, applying what you learn to your role
- a familiarity with a source to pay system – this would be an advantage
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
Welcome to our Co-op.
What’s in it for you
An Apprenticeship at Co-op is not just about what you can do for us. These are just some of the things you can expect in return:
- 80% – 100% of a full salary during training
- Training, support and qualifications up to degree level
- A shared sense of value and success
- A chance to give back to the community through local causes and social schemes
- Happy Customers - over 4.5 million active and satisfied members
- A full-time job during and on completion of training
- Opportunities for career development
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, click on the apply button below.