Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship - Exeter
COVID-19 Important Information
Please do still apply for our apprenticeship opportunities despite the COVID-19 outbreak, we are all planning to secure future opportunities, and Skills Group is able to support you to make decisions about your future even whilst you cannot come in and meet us at this time.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has significantly affected many of our employers and their businesses, and has restricted opportunities available for them to meet new people to join their team; like us, they remain committed to protecting you and keeping you safe.
Please apply via the website or contact us on 01752 332442 and one of our dedicated team will be able to discuss your career options.
We look forward to welcoming you to Skills Group in the future.
In the meantime, please do keep safe and observe the safety advice you have been given.
The Apprentice's Role:
The successful candidate needs to be motivated and enthusiastic in order to assist stylists in delivering constantly high levels of service, and to ensure that company policies and procedures are carried out. As part of your duties, you will participate in training sessions and work towards timely completion of your Level 2 qualification in hairdressing.
The candidate will be managed by the Salon Manager, but will also work very closely with other stylists.
- You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness
- You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists by informing clients of all services available, including products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase
- You will also make sure that work stations are kept clean and tidy at all times
- You will carry out a wide range of duties such as, colouring, cutting and shampooing
By assisting the salon manger and the stylists, you will gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career opportunity. You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training, and you must follow health and safety procedures in the workplace at all times.
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety/Safeguarding
All aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 2 to 4 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification, Skills Group will help you achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
- You will require good organisational and leadership skills, and be confident for this role
- Ability to work under pressure, as well as good problem solving skills, and flexibility would help you in this role
- You must be able to work well within a team and on your own
- You need to be reliable and have good time keeping and attendance
- Experience of IT would be an advantage for this role
The successful candidate needs to be familiar with current trends within the hairdressing and fashion industry. You will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing with a friendly personality, to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
Qualifications required for this role include A*-E (9-2) in English and Maths or the equivalent, for example functional skills.
Through having completed the Level 2 qualification in hairdressing, you will then have the opportunity to progress onto the advanced Level 3 apprenticeship.
With the experience and the skills you have gained, you can use these to maximise the opportunities to further your career at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
About Amanda Marsden's
Amanda Marsden’s philosophy is that, ‘We believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence’.
Amanda Marsden lifestyle Salon & Spa welcomes you to join their busy, vibrant team. Their aim is to make you feel transformed in a unique and special salon environment located in the bohemian, market town of Totnes which Is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health.
All of their carefully chosen stylists and therapists work to an exceptionally high standard, each one possessing individual creativity and flair with the mission to not only make our clients look beautiful but feel beautiful.
For over 18 years the Amanda Marsden Lifestyle Salon & Spa has been developing creative talent though their Apprenticeship scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.