Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
Fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and understand the world of manufacturing in accordance to FDA regulations. This apprenticeship will allow the candidate to work with the Operations teams across all Siemens Sudbury facilities and have a good understanding of all aspects of the company departments.
The candidate will complete a Level 2 Science Manufacturing Process Operative apprenticeship.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Production manager you will be expected to understand and:
- Follow the sites Ergonomic, Health and Safety policy
- Demonstrate Lean/continuous improvement actions and participate in Kaizen events for the site delivering sustainable savings.
- Demonstrate Siemens Quality Policy and systems how to write Corrective and Preventive Action's (CAPA's) in the event of a non-conformance.
- Develop a brief understanding of key departments within Siemens and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrate how manufacture products
- Explain how products function
- How to complete low level repairs and failures
- Support the introduction of all new instruments, processes and equipment.
- Participate in Maintenance and calibration activities
- Demonstrate how to project manage a project to completion
- Demonstrate how to create new procedures for manufacturing processes or validation.
You will have the ability to develop your business competences and functional knowledge including:
- Learn how to lead a meeting and develop project management skills
- Maintain quality awareness
- Understand how to correctly use tools for repairs
- Gain drawing knowledge and develop how to read and understand technical drawings
Your qualification and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Have a desire to develop skills in an engineering, maintenance and/or electronics discipline
- Demonstrate a strong interest in digitalisation
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Achieved 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher)
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What else do I need to know?
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2020.
If you’re curious to find out more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Thursday 13th February 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team, and ask any questions about the application process. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Sudbury Apprenticeships. Both students and parents are welcome to attend.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...