Supply Chain Higher Apprenticeship
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
The Supply Chain Apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to learn and perform a range of functions within the planning and purchasing of materials. The role will support the manufacturing site and primarily provide exposure through rotation and assignments in: Operational and Strategic Purchasing, Production Planning, Forecasting and Logistics; whilst also offering interaction with Manufacturing, Quality and Finance Functions. The role will also provide exposure and on the job training in SAP, the site’s ERP system.
The candidate will complete a Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Execute buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases;
- Support the planning department by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met;
- Manage the supply of materials required to manufacture instruments, reagents and spares ensuring maximum customer service whilst minimizing inventory and physical space utilization;
- Ensure SAP reflects the current planning and supply requirements by constantly reviewing and updating replenishment orders;
- Ensure accuracy and maintain all relevant material master data, including lead-times, lot sizes etc.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders on significant changes in supply, ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact;
- Working closely with Commodity Managers, assists in the development of sourcing strategies and to support existing and new product requirements;
Your qualifications and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Minimum of five GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- A Levels or NVQ/BTEC or HNC in a business-related subject
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What else do I need to know?
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2020.
If you’re curious to find out more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Thursday 13th February 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team, and ask any questions about the application process. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Sudbury Apprenticeships. Both students and parents are welcome to attend.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...