Digital Technical Solutions Degree Apprenticeship – Data Analyst at DSTL
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with DSTL
Digital Technical Solutions Degree Apprenticeship – Data Analyst
This is an unique apprenticeship opportunity in Dstl, a Minstry of Defence Agency, for a Data Analyst within the Defence and Security Analysis Division. This job comes with excellent future career prospects in Data Science, Analysis and the Defence Enterprise.
Successful candidates will complete a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship– studying for a BSc whilst working for Dstl on an array of interesting military projects.
You will have the opportunity to work across a number of project areas which span the breadth of the UK’s Defence and Security environment, including: the Air and Maritime; Modelling and Simualtion, Wargaming and statistics; Policy analysis and support; and Human and Social Sciences.
You will have the opportunity to apply all aspects of the Degree Apprenticeship Standard to help real decisions to be made on current and future Defence systems and capabilities. You will also have the opportunity to use our tried and tested models and tools - we also expect you to help us to introduce new novel techniques and analysis!
We work with the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, Ministry of Defence and Other Government Departments to ensure intelligent decision-making is at the heart of the UK Defence and Security. We also work with partners in industry, academia and internationally to develop and provide a broad range of impartial, innovative, evidence based analysis and human science advice to support high priority decision-making on critical policies and capabilities. And we want you to be a part of this too!
We are looking for someone who has;
A desire to develop their Data Analysis skills, start a career in Operational Analysis and provide invaluable support to decision makers through the provision of clear evidence.
This is a development post and you will spend approximately 20% of your time on the off-site training scheme. Initially your position will mostly require you to provide analysis support to those delivering timely and evidence based advice to Customers and Stakeholders, both internal and external, across all levels of the Ministry of Defence and UK Security; however as you progress we will giver you the opportunity for you to deliver the evidence directly to the Customers and Stakeholders.
- Mininimum of 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent with at least one in a STEM based field.
- GCSEs including English and Mathematics.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office applications.
In this role you will:
- Understand how and where relevant data can be collected and collated to enable meaningful analysis to be conducted with it in support of higher level questions and requirements.
- Having collated data use selected or developed appropriate techniques to manipulate the data effectively to enable easy interpretation and use by others.
- Develop the skills to be able to apply suitable visualisation tools and techniques for presentation to the customer, either from within or outside of Dstl, in the most suitable format .
- Through application of the Dstl standards, policy and protocols to your work ensure that Dstl maintains its reputation of integrity, impartiality and quality of output.
- Be an accountable member of a team helping Dstl remain a great place to work.
- Show, as an individual, you are developing and applying the skills being taught both within Dstl and during off site training throughout you apprenticeship.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Technical skills
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Detail a project or task you have worked on which has involved using skills that relate to the Data Analyst apprenticeship.
- Tell us what you think your personal qualities are and how these can be demonstrated in the apprenticeship
Dstl is responsible for designing, developing and applying the very latest in science and technology for the benefit of UK defence and security, across government. In our work, we partner with other brilliant people – collaborating with everyone from small companies and world-class universities, to large defence organisations and other nations. Together, we develop battle-winning technologies, based on deep and widespread research.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.