Signalling Technologies Level 4 Apprenticeship at SiemensTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens
Signalling Technologies Level 4 Apprenticeship
Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification, whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Siemens has expertise in many areas of technology, one of them being Railway Signalling Control systems and equipment, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
Siemens Mobility Ltd help to solve the problems of increasing traffic by working with railway operators to improve the capacity, punctuality and security of their systems and to ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum. As part of our Mobility division, you will be part of a team helping to design solutions and systems which have a real impact on the real world.
As an apprentice in Siemens Rail Infrastructure, you will be working with one of the Signalling design teams based at one of our locations in the UK. You will help to provide signalling solutions to the world’s Rail networks with the market leader in train control in the UK and globally.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life products and projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a minimum of a 3 year apprenticeship (maximum of 4 years) where you will be put onto the Rail Engineering Advanced Technician Standard and undergo a range of assessments which will enable you to also achieve a Level 4 Vocational qualification and a rail industry recognised design assistant license. This may besubject to change depending on which colleges (local to the regional offices) are able to deliver the technical elements of the standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You will be based at one of our chosen colleges full time during year 1 where you will start your 2 year Level 4 Technical qualification (HNC) and also gain practical experience in the college workshops developing the core knowledge and skills which are the foundation for many aspects of technology.
- Year 2: College will continue on a day release basis and you will join the workplace for 4 days a week. Whilst in the workplace you will start a programme of Rail specific training spread over the next 2-3 years whilst working on the job under mentorship with our signalling design teams.
- Year 3 - 4: You will have completed your Level 4 Technical qualification at the end of year 2 and whilst it isn’t a part of the apprenticeship, you may have the option of progressing to a higher technical qualification (many of our apprentices do progress to degree level – this is paid for by Siemens together with paid time off to study at college or university).
With the training received and experience gained by the end of year 3, you will be able to produce a portfolio of work-based evidence which will enable you to complete your vocational competency qualification. We will also help you to achieve an “Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers” (IRSE) license which is recognised globally. The knowledge and skills gained whilst on the programme will enable you to support the Signalling design function ensuring the timely delivery of globally renowned, high quality, Railway Signalling and Control solutions.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels or equivalent including maths at grade C or higher. You will also have achieved at least 5 GCSEs including maths and english language at grade 4 (C) or above.
The benefits of a Siemens apprenticeship
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,000 with annual increments at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.