Degree Apprentice - Digital and Technology Solutions (Rotational) at Siemens
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens
Degree Apprentice - Digital and Technology Solutions (Rotational)
Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We are recruiting school and college leavers to join our Mobility degree apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in digital technology.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects, around the country, whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Digital and Technology Solutions standard at Manchester Metropolitan University.
As a Mobility Degree Apprentice, you will rotate across the different mobility business units. This will enable you to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to complete your apprenticeship standard and meet the predicted future talent requirements of the business. By the end of it you’ll have gained fantastic knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
Here is how the programme works:
Year 1: You’ll get to know your home team and location whilst attending University on block or day release. You’ll also complete the first of your rotational placements.
Year 2: You will complete the second of your rotational placements whilst continuing to attend University on blocks or on day release.
Year 3: You will complete your third and final placement.
Year 4: In Year 4 you will remain in your home location where you will prepare your portfolio ready for End Point Assessment.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Engage with the apprenticeship programme and manage Portfolio of Evidence to prepare for and complete End Point Assessment.
- Work towards personal goals and business objectives and evidence the Apprenticeship Standards and Siemens Mobility Behaviours throughout the programme.
- Demonstrate technical, occupational and professional competence and report progress back to the Siemens Mobility Learning and Development Group.
- Accept and deliver on a range of discreet and consecutive work tasks and projects from various stakeholders at different levels of the organisation, in line with your development plan, line manager’s requirements and business needs.
- Align with Siemens Mobility HSQE by fully participating in Mobility behavioural safety and taking care to avoid acts that may have an impact on health, safety and the environment.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Be flexible in your role, which may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Willingness to relocate and travel. This apprenticeship is rotational, and we want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement will be in different UK locations.
- Some experience/work-experience in a digital related department would be useful but not essential
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved at least 5 GCSEs grade 5 or above including maths and english language or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above. You'll also have achieved or be on track to achieve a minimum of 104 UCAS points at A level or equivalent in Maths or other STEM related subjects. Candidates who do not meet these requirements but have workplace experience will be evaluated individually.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship
- Continue your learning beyond university and get your masters degree paid for!
- Have the chance to get to know each Mobility division through the rotational element of your apprenticeship - Siemens will help to fund each placement away from home.
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the digital world. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.