Compliance Data Protection Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Location: Kingswood, Surrey
- Salary: £17,500 + £500 joining bonus + £1,000 Apprentice Scheme Bonus (Paid upon the satisfactory completion of first year.) Our Level 4 Apprentices jump to £22,500 when they start their second year and negotiate their salary if/when they move on to a full-time role after the 2-year apprenticeship.)
- Apprentice training standard: Level 3 Compliance/Risk Officer
- Start Date: Monday 2nd September 2019
Data Protection Compliance is part of the Global Compliance function and is responsible for providing advice and guidance on the topic of Data Protection/ Privacy. Specifically, on what can and cannot be done with Personal Information about our customers, potential customers, third parties and employees. As a global function DP Compliance works with all jurisdictions and all areas of Fidelity from Client Services through to key projects being led by the Technology function. Recently we have seen an increase in our involvement with Technology and their innovative and at times exciting projects.
Purpose of your role
You will support the Data Protection Compliance function mainly for the UK business working closely with the UK DP Manager however there will be opportunity to also interact with other aspects of the DP function, with multiple locations & departments across the company. This includes
- Assisting with the review and processing of breaches (errors made)
- Assisting with the analysis of new activities to understand the Data Protection impacts
- To own, further develop & produce the Management information
- Taking the lead on the development of the functions SharePoint site or similar
This is an opportunity to work is a small team which requires all members of the team at all levels to work with other areas of Fidelity, including our Technology & Cyber partners and of course the client facing business. You will also learn about Data Protection requirements and how to apply them to a range of activities, how a compliance function operates and what role Compliance plays in the success of the Business.
You will complete a Level 3 apprenticeship relevant to your role. At every stage, your development will be underpinned by the best training and professional certified courses with the aim of employing you full-time once you have completed your apprenticeship qualification.
What we look for
- We want people that are interested in both the industry and the sector but ultimately those that are looking for a career which will reward them in both job satisfaction and development.
- You will be highly driven with the intellectual curiosity for progression.
- You will have an interest in technology and how to keep their Personal Data secure
- You will have the ability to build your network with individuals from a range of business cultures and backgrounds, both internally and externally.
- People with an innovative and inquisitive disposition are those best suited for our apprenticeships
We look for candidates who have a minimum of three C’s at A level (or equivalent) and who have already obtained at least five GCSEs between A*-C (or equivalent), two of which we prefer to be English and Maths.
Salary and Benefits
We invest a lot of time and resource into our apprentices, ensuring you receive a really strong remuneration package including salary and lifestyle benefits. You will receive a starting annual salary of £17,500. All apprentices receive a £500 welcome bonus upon starting as well as a bonus after year one of £1,000 provided that they are on track with their qualification.
Fidelity International is a privately held, global asset management business with the aim to help our clients fulfil their financial goals. We are dedicated to delivering the Fidelity experience to a wide range of clients from individuals, directly and through financial advisers, to large companies, institutions and governments. Helping clients to save for retirement and other long term investing objectives has been at the core of our business for nearly 50 years.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!