Outsourcing, AAT September 2019 Apprenticeship at BDO
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BDO
Outsourcing, AAT September 2019 Apprenticeship
Joining as a Level 4 apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your AAT qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
As part of our Outsourcing team you'll assist in providing clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
Location: Reading, London
Clients and relationships
- Ensures that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities.
- Basic knowledge of double entry and applicable accounting systems
- Prepare legible and comprehensive paperless working papers
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries, under supervision
- Processing of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations and cashbook analysis
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly)
- Have an awareness of how the Outsourcing team works with other departments within the firm
- Assist with the preparation of year end statutory financial statements
- Prepare payment runs
- Successfully study towards the AAT professional qualification via a level 4 apprenticeship
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 4 or above (or equivalent) in English language and maths
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (or equivalent), attained or expected
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and well organised
- Be able to ask questions in order to increase knowledge
- Team worker
This role will follow a Level 4 Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Apprenticeship standard.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
About Moore Stephens
Helping you thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from BDO
Hear about Aimee's experience at BDO