Test Engineering Level 4 Apprenticeship at IBM
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with IBM
Test Engineering Level 4 Apprenticeship
Duration: 3 years
Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including Maths and English Language. You don’t need to be studying a technical A-Level or equivalent, we accept all subject backgrounds.
Have you ever thought 'Why?"
"Why does that do that?"
"Why can't we do it this way?"
"Why is this so difficult to use?"
"Wouldn't it be great if we didn't need that any more?"
If you spend some of your time thinking about questions like those, then IBM is the perfect place for your career to flourish.
Our clients include high street banks, petrol and energy companies, the government, mobile phone companies, and names on the high street and on-line shopping. With the right training, you’ll be helping our clients prove that the IT systems that their customers use will be fast, secure and reliable. As a software test engineer Apprentice we’ll provide you with a mix of classroom based education, mentoring & coaching, and real experience working directly with our teams on client accounts.
In return, we’d love you to bring your curiosity, your enthusiasm to try new things and a fresh approach to finding solutions to some of IBM’s and our client’s problems.
Over the two year programme, you will receive training and learning on:-
- Software development – how software goes from an idea to a solution a customer can use
- Software testing – how to prove that what has been developed works as it should do
- Consultancy – how to work with different people in different scenarios –some nice but some tricky - and in different countries
- General business knowledge – how do businesses work and operate, from the money to the marketing to the admin support
- How to work as part of small and large teams, either close to home or around the UK
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!