CFAB Corporate Audit Apprenticeship (Sept 2018 intake) - London at BDO
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BDO
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
CFAB Corporate Audit Apprenticeship (Sept 2018 intake)
Joining as an apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Work solely on all aspects of property audits, which are of limited complexity, providing review points to manager
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing Statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Perform bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 6 or above (grade A*-C with a B or above on pre-2017 tariff) in English Language and Maths (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Awards for BDO
Latests jobs from BDO
BDO School Leaver, Consumer Markets
Hear about Aimee's experience at BDO