About the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service
Want to spend time working in a public-sector finance team who make a real difference to children’s lives?
We are the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service.
We are the voice of the child in family courts and with 36 offices across the country we are England’s largest employer of qualified social workers.
Our one week work placement gives you the opportunity to kickstart your accountancy career while supporting our work with children of all ages.
A placement with our finance team offers you the chance to work as part of a welcoming and friendly in-house finance team who manage a budget of £120M and cover all aspects of accountancy.
During your work placement with our expert finance team you will...
- Work on formal accounts
- Spend time with finance business partners
- Learn how the finance team supports the rest of the business
- Take part in accountancy strengths coaching
- Learn about how our financial IT systems support our work
- Learn about Annual Reports and Audit
- Spend time with our Director of Resources and our Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Ask lots of questions!